Last Tuesday was definitely an interesting day. I thought I’d be really nervous traveling with the camera watching me, but it turns out that not being able to see the camera made me a lot less self confident. It was interesting, though, to see the area I traveled right after I traveled it blindfolded. That rounded corner on the railing didn’t look like I imagined it. In fact, I had a bit of misinformation about how it was designed. I’m not sure I would have consistently found that store under blindfold because I thought the rounded edge I found was the one corner, not a piece of a larger arc in the rail.
Our adventure in Macy’s was quite an experience. Everyone else has already said this, but it was valuable to have Mickey set the example for good advocacy. I’m not sure I would have pursued the point as far as Mickey did, but I imagine that’s because of my own fears. I think Mickey did the right thing, and hopefully, our friends at Macy’s learned something about the abilities of people who are blind.
No comments:
Post a Comment